Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Harbor Freight gas engine
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 09:28 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
I don't know about the same price level Dave.....Garden tractors on the whole are a lot cheaper than they used to be.....Trouble is, that extends to the quality as well as the price........ ....and, like you said, even if you buy American, the quality just isn't there.

I am calling a guy tomorrow about an old Ford graden tractor.....early 70s I think.........with a deck, tiller, power takeoff..........should be a brute. If I have to repower with a Chinese knock off, so be it.
I agree that the price has come down - but for sure my current snow blower is not built like the one I had years ago nor is it as tough as my ancient 48" tractor driven unit.

The Ford you are looking at - is it a bolt-on-the-frame engine or is it one of the integral chassis/engine/driveline? If it's abolt on the frame, it should be a fairly easy change out. Otherwise - probably not. My little 3 cylinder, 17Hp Iseki/Bolens diesel tractor - no way to change out an engine with another brand, but since it only has about 650 hours in 22 years, it will probably outlive me