Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Harbor Freight gas engine
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 11:33 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

mtd stuff

hey irelands child-jessebelle here- i know mtd has been around a while, they must've given some serious money to troy built to buy them out. but if you pay your foreign help 22 cents per hour, quite a profit. we have 6" of fresh snow right now, i looked this thing over quite well, all seems to be in place correctly, it still is very inept at doing it's intended task, and i don't want to be the one using it when it fails, been there, done that. so i'm doing the driveway area for them. i have a 25.50 hp kubota 4wd diesel tractor, hst trans. my 2nd one, the other being an 18 hp. without a doubt the finest machine i have owned. my last one had 1000 hrs. on it when i traded it for the bx2660, no oil leaks-no failures of any kind-no oil consumption. but i take very good care of my equiptment, oil changes at 50 hours, etc. it spins a 4' roto tiller through an acre of garden like nothing, i mow 1.50 acres weekly, move snow as required with loader or back blade, it seems the list is unending, except the fuel usage is minimal as well. the frame and undercarriage are thick, the loader is very quick, strong. probably the 1st thing i've owned that i have no complaints about, and very easy on the operator. gotta go move more snow. later