Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Harbor Freight gas engine
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 12:23 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

MTD makes most everything lawn care in the 'cheaper' sector...

Airens is the only snowblower I know of that is not MTD built and they use B&S engines.. I think Airens builds the JD snow throwers.. Snow Tek is Airens budget line, and uses Lifan engines but there otherwise the same..

The budget line Cub Cadet push mower is a MTD painted yellow with $100 more on the sticker price for an electric start.. I bought 1 of the MTD's a couple years ago. found it very hard to start, but did run ok, just didn't work all that well.. took it back to TSC a day or so later, and bought a Briggs NOS 3.5 hp to repower my '72 Squire Applegate pusher. only 20" cutting path, but it has a 2 peice snail deck and a very tight clearence for the blade. that allows it to cut very neatly and shoots/ spreads the clippings about 10'

As for all my outdoor power equipment that I keep in service.. it is all 30+ years old..

1971 Gilson Gil-490A ( Montgomery Ward branded snowblower 8hp/26")
1972 Gilson Gil-479C ( Montgomery Ward Branded snowblower 8hp/26" electric start )
1968 Sears Suburban 12 garden tractor- 42" mowing deck and all paperwork
1972 Squire Applegate push mower ( repowered with NOS 1980's 3.5hp briggs )

broken down equipment:
1971 Gilson Gil-490A- needs magneto put on, just havn't gotten to it
1998 ish MTD/ Murry Ultra push mower w/ bagger- runs but not good
1998 Craftsman 16hp/42" cut riding lawn mower- worn out steering, exhaust rusted off, currently does not run- I quit fighting with it