Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Harbor Freight Pipe Threader?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 08:35 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I thought I'd get back and give you my experiences and opinion on the HF pipe threader. I wound up piping my shop connected to the garage and used more pipe than I originally planned. I bought 90' total and had about 4' or 5' left over. I threaded about 40 sets of threads and it wasn't extremely difficult but did take time. I went back and bought my last piect of pipe from a different place and it was made in China. It threaded easier and the threads looked better than the others. A good pipe vise instead of my bench vise would have made things easier. The threads I made weren't as clean as the ones that were on the pipe from the factory but I'm sure they had some very expensive equipment. I had trouble keeping some joints from leaking but I don't think it was the threader's fault because some of them were the factory threaded joints. I'm satisfied with the way things turned out.

If I were to do a project again like this I would go with copper. The extra work and time that it took was not worth it to me.

Danny