Harbor Freight Tool Chest? - Page 9 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Adam's Auto Advice

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallison77a
The 20% coupon is better than the sale price so don't wait around for the sale price.
It's definitely a better deal with the 20% off coupon, but to my understanding most HF stores aren't letting you use it. When did you use the 20% off on those cabinets jallison?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsautoadvice
It's definitely a better deal with the 20% off coupon, but to my understanding most HF stores aren't letting you use it. When did you use the 20% off on those cabinets jallison?
I used three in April 2010. One for each piece. I don't know how you can be denied the coupon unless the box is under another offer like a sale price. I got my 20% of an advertised price in my news paper, Im guessing it was not a sale price. It's hard to understand HB sometimes. They will advertise something at a good price and still take the coupon. Then later they will put it on sale and not take the coupon. All I know Is I got a hell of a deal. The manager rang it up and took my three coupons so I did not have to stand in line three times.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Adam's Auto Advice

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallison77a
I used three in April 2010.
That was before they changed the policy. I guess I should bought that 13-drawer cabinet with the 20% off coupon a long time ago.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:25 AM
FrankenPorsche

Last photo:

They have clamped down recently on the 20% off coupons. They can not be used with certain items like tool boxes or "Super Saver Coupons or Door Buster Sales". However they can still be used on regular advertised sale prices.

I just got a cheap welder, normally $179, on sale for $120, I then used the coupon for 20% more.

However...Every time I have been denied using the coupon, I have asked for the General Manager and he has taken it to keep a good customer. The one time he did not, when I bought my new side cabinets, I called his District Manager from the register, holding up the line. The DM approved it right away.

What ever you do, do not call their customer service line... Gupta Hanjeeb will be no help at all. The first time I called they said I would receive a call from the local DM with in 7 days. Yes, SEVEN days! Wow. Never received that call BTW.

To get the District Manager's number, call the store or another location and let the manager on duty know you would like to speak to the DM about a positive experience at their store. As soon as they think it's not a complaint, they will gladly give out that number. Then call the DM and let them know how to turn your experience into a positive one.

Make sure you have the 20% coupon from the car mags as it does not have the fine print restrictions on it.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:22 AM

Last photo:

A bunch of the guys at my work have that toolbox and havn't had any problems with it. We have them packed and have to move them a couple hundred feet everyday to our job. Most of the guys will build a base out of angle and tack some heavier duty wheels to them but if its just sitting in your garage I'm sure you won't have any problem. Its just a metal box, save the money and buy more tools, LOL. I just can't see spending thousands of dollars for a box with drawers, well unless I had money to burn, lol.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:51 PM

Sale V. Coupon HF Tool Chest

Of late there has been confusion about regular price and sale price on the HF US General tool chest. i have told people how I got a smoking deal on my box. What I managed to do was buy the bottom chest, top chest and side chest by using 3 different coupons along with the sale price. At that time the coupons did not indicate that you could not do that. The manager was excited to help me do it. Today I went to buy (ultimately did buy) the 56 inch 11 drawer roller cabinet for 799.99, which I don't think is that much of a deal as deals on these chest goes. I intended to use a 20% off coupon which would have made it a smoking deal. But I noticed that they had a sign near the tool boxes that indicated that even though some coupons in the past have been printed without an exclusion for the tool chest, that they could not accept them for the tool chest. This caused me to look at my coupon. There it was in tiny letters "tool chest excluded."

So as far as I can tell there are ultimately 3 ways to buy the chest. The sale price, the price less coupon price and the inside cover of Hotrod magazine add price. Or the way I did it, just dumb luck and an excited manager.

By the way, no matter what deal you make you will be making a good purchase. If you ever hope to have a large, high quality box, in your life time and you are not loaded or you are not a professional mechanic who can pay 5 prices for a MAC or Snappon then write the box off on his taxes, This is the box for you.

Good luck
Old 05-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Adam's Auto Advice

Last photo:

13 Drawer Roller Cabinet $349.99

Valid until May 25, 2011

Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Adam's Auto Advice

Last photo:

Top Chest $249.99

Here are coupons for Inside Track Club members. On the top you will see a coupon for $249.99 for the Top Chest. Don't know if you can get away with using it if you are not an ITC member, but you could try.

http://images.harborfreight.com/hftu...html?hftref=cj

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.