Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hard piping air lines ... help (LONG)
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 11:40 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Tank Drain

For those who might still have the little pet**** drain (like the drain on most radiators) on the bottom of your tank (the way it came when you bought it) and probably hard to get to... You may want to think about buying the fittings and extending it out to where you can easily get to it and put a small ball-valve-type of drain there. The parts are relatively inexpensive and are available at most hardware stores.

I have found that I now drain my compressor much more often than I did when I had to get under the there with pliers, find something for it to drain into, and get the rusty water all over my arm. Now, I just go to the valve, make a quarter turn, and it drains in seconds.

It works great for me. I hope it may for some others, as well.

Here's a Question relating to using PVC pipe...
I saw in a post above where PVC will explode and create projectiles...
In the case of using PVC with a 600 PSI rating and the compressor having a pressure relief valve rated at 180PSI (or close), should the PVC still not be used? How about if it is inside the wall between studs and behind sheetrock and other wall boarding materials?

Thanks in advance for any help!