Hot Rod Forum banner

Hard starting

994 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  techinspector1 
#1 ·
I have a rebuilt 1990 350 Chevy smb in my 29A, I've got about 2,000 miles on it and I have always had a starting problem. I used to have a 600cfm Edelbrock 4 barrel and recently changed to 3-2barrel Rochesters. I have all MSD ignition parts, 6A module, mechanical dist., blaster 3 coil. I have changed the the springs and bushings to: 1-silver 1-blue, & blue bushing, with that set-up I was supposed to get 22* advance @ 2400 rpm my recommended initial advance (with my 700r4 trany) was 19*, for a 41* Total Advance. My plugs are Bosch plat. hr9bp ( I think are considered hot) the gap is set at .035. Every time I make a change, and Ive made many, the results don't eliviate the hard starting problem. I even installed an electric choke on the center carb. My next thought was to replace the plugs even though they look fine after 2,000 miles. The car runs good and starts ok when hot, but if it cools down even just a little it's hard to start, (cranking 4-5 times and then acts like it has been flooded when it dose start) Any thoughts would be appriciated...Thanks Lance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.