Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Has anybody used PPG SX1060 2K brush-able or roll on automotive primer???????
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 06:00 AM
Race The Truck

Last journal entry: Son's Truck
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmerc
Since nobody really replied about using this product, I decided I would be different and give it a try. I went to the parts store and asked them if they had this certain primer. The owner told me since I was the first person to ask for this primer that he would give me a demo quart with the catalyst. The only stipulation is that I have to let him know how it works out. So today I tried it and can say that it gives good coverage, but it does't go on very well. The other problem I had with it was that you cannot roll out the primer into small nooks and crannies. If this was paint, you would defiantly have to color sand it out, unless a person likes the super orange peel effect. I tired it, it worked, and hopefully it sands out nicely. Unless I have to use it again because of a certain neighbor, I will stay with spraying on paints and primers.
I have family out that way and I did a few Jobs at the prison's out there. Lots of land I don't remember the homes being very close to each other. But The Neighbor from Hell sucks too, But heck with Him Life's to short and if your not breaking any laws He's just going to alway complain about something Why give him what he wants. I'm to old for whiners. I would just tell him to keep to him self or you going to be the guy from hell But that's just me old fart no more crap. Second you could turn your shop in to a min paint booth then he's not going to smell anything. Grainger has all the goodies I don't remember if you have one out your way maybe Pueblo or Canyon City

Craig