Hot Rod Forum banner

Has anyone had problem with Dupont Hot Rod Black Paint??

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  deadbodyman 
#1 ·
Hi, I am new to the site so please excuse me for not doing something or doing too much. Here goes.
A friend of mine has painted a car with DuPont Hot Rod Black (99K) and Flat Clear (2370S) and in the seams it appears to have some bubbles or is lifting away from the body, not many, just here and there. This has never happened before to him. Always used DuPont. 1st time using the above paint 99K & 2370S clear. Can anyone enlighten us? Has anyone used this paint & had the same problem?? Looking forward to seeing if anyone had the same problem. :confused:

#2 ·
This is certainly not something limited to that particular paint and clear. But if those crevices aren't perfectly clean the paint being applied over it can shrink up as it flashes it solvents and pull up off the bottom. Or, it isn't the paint or clear at all at fault but the previous primer that was applied and it was applied over something questionable and when the paint and clear solvents get into the primer a little (if it isn't fully insoluable as many undercoats are) it can lift up off.

But it is likely simply too much material applied and it is shrinking up.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.