Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Has anyone here done an Electric Parking Brake?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 07:36 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt167
it's not designed to activate in reverse., it might hold in reverse, but it's designed to hold in forward only..
That's why you need 2 (two) wooden wheel chocks!!!!!!.

But here's a simple solution, on my 1930 5 window, I built a bracket off the 4-speed shifter bracket that lays flat on top of the tail shaft, pulled the emergency brake off a mid 1980's Camaro, it bolts to the floor pan by the shifter, has a nice handle and a ratchet lock, and about 14" of cable, so by running Ford truck e-brake cables foreward I built a bracket to hook it all up, that puppy really locks up. if the cables are too long which mine were considering the drive shaft is 34" long, I took a piece of 1/2" X 2" and drilled 5 holes, two on the flat above each other and one 3/8's in the center for the ebrake cable, the outer two holes are the same size as the ebrake cable from the rear drums, grind off the formed ball on the end, thread this cable through one hole, bend it into a "U" and shove it through the other hole, thus locking it to the plate, two good janks on the ebrake sets the "U" and now with about 4 inches of adjustment on the cable from the Camaro E-brake just adjust it up to work, Oh and keep the blocks ---this is still a FORD