Has anyone used a ACCURATETO​OLS 3 in 1 tig welder? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 09:44 PM

Last journal entry: gettin closer and closer
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Has anyone used a ACCURATETO​OLS 3 in 1 tig welder?

Im thinking about buying a ACCURATETO​OLS 3 in 1 welder. tig, arc and plasma.
has anyone used one and what should i be looking to buy for acc. I know its a "cheap" welder but thats what the check book allows this time.....

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

I have not but here is a guy who did.

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/...a-for-400.html

Sam
Old 09-02-2011, 06:06 AM

Last photo:

I also have nothing but praise for the combo chineese unit. Been a year of shop use and it works flawlessly. The air and gas going thru the same port is a little weird but works great..
Old 09-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Crazy Ole Ironhead

Last photo:

A few years ago i was somewhat interested in buying one of those china units too,but i decided to wait a while and see what people say about their actual usage and reliability and customer service..
I wouldn't pay them the shipping price for one let alone the cost of the machine now...
That machine is the same exact machine as the others..Everlast..Longetivity and Giantech.they are all just rebranded and different paint.
Giantech guy Larry is "NOTORIOUS" for screwing people out of their money on those machines.
Do a good search online of all the problems people have had with them..anything from Dead On Arrival units..to light usage and hear a loud "POP" and never work again,missing parts..etc etc.
And they ALL only act like they are giving good customer service ONLY when someone will post the nightmare on a popular website,then they come into the scene with a bunch of excuses or saying the customer is a liar...

Very few say they have good exereinces with them with no problems,i beleive it..but its like playing the lottery buying one if it's going to be a good deal...

Search around here in thier own dedicated forums for everlast and longetivity machines and can easily find the problems i speak of,they always advertise/respond about how they willingly take care of the problems in a popular well known forum like this..which is pretty good,but the bottom line is the problems in the first place.And they never seem to stand by their warrantees as they claim.........

http://weldingweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56
http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=59524
http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=54088

http://cr4.globalspec.com/blogentry/...at-Didn-t-Last

Just do a good google search on reviews on Longetivity,Giantech and Everlast machines and see all the problems folks have had with them

I recently sold my Miller Maxstar 200DX to use the money towards an upgrade to a good AC/DC TIG machine for welding aluminum.was going to go with a Lincoln or Miller but have read a boatload of nothing but great reviews on the HTP welding units for the price and they also have more AC balance and other adjustments than any of the Big 3(lincoln,miller,Hobart) and 1/2 the price and people who have owned HTP's for 10-15 years rave on well the machines have performed and the reliability of them,but these are NOT made in China machines..from what i seen they are made in Italy and some of the machines are made in Hungary with alot of German parts..and everyone raves of the customer service and them being un-bias of other brands...I'm sold.
I have seen a boilermaker outfit on a job swear by the HTP machines using for TIG welding boiler tubes and they beat the snot out of them and they're still goin strong after years of usage..

Bottom line..you get what you pay for on the cheapo china units..some get lucky..most don't............it's like a crap shoot...i wouldn't want to "gamble" my hard earned money
Old 09-12-2011, 06:48 PM

Last journal entry: gettin closer and closer
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthnCustoms
A few years ago i was somewhat interested in buying one of those china units too,but i decided to wait a while and see what people say about their actual usage and reliability and customer service..
I wouldn't pay them the shipping price for one let alone the cost of the machine now...
That machine is the same exact machine as the others..Everlast..Longetivity and Giantech.they are all just rebranded and different paint.
Giantech guy Larry is "NOTORIOUS" for screwing people out of their money on those machines.
Do a good search online of all the problems people have had with them..anything from Dead On Arrival units..to light usage and hear a loud "POP" and never work again,missing parts..etc etc.
And they ALL only act like they are giving good customer service ONLY when someone will post the nightmare on a popular website,then they come into the scene with a bunch of excuses or saying the customer is a liar...

Very few say they have good exereinces with them with no problems,i beleive it..but its like playing the lottery buying one if it's going to be a good deal...

Search around here in thier own dedicated forums for everlast and longetivity machines and can easily find the problems i speak of,they always advertise/respond about how they willingly take care of the problems in a popular well known forum like this..which is pretty good,but the bottom line is the problems in the first place.And they never seem to stand by their warrantees as they claim.........

http://weldingweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56
http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=59524
http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=54088

http://cr4.globalspec.com/blogentry/...at-Didn-t-Last

Just do a good google search on reviews on Longetivity,Giantech and Everlast machines and see all the problems folks have had with them

I recently sold my Miller Maxstar 200DX to use the money towards an upgrade to a good AC/DC TIG machine for welding aluminum.was going to go with a Lincoln or Miller but have read a boatload of nothing but great reviews on the HTP welding units for the price and they also have more AC balance and other adjustments than any of the Big 3(lincoln,miller,Hobart) and 1/2 the price and people who have owned HTP's for 10-15 years rave on well the machines have performed and the reliability of them,but these are NOT made in China machines..from what i seen they are made in Italy and some of the machines are made in Hungary with alot of German parts..and everyone raves of the customer service and them being un-bias of other brands...I'm sold.
I have seen a boilermaker outfit on a job swear by the HTP machines using for TIG welding boiler tubes and they beat the snot out of them and they're still goin strong after years of usage..

Bottom line..you get what you pay for on the cheapo china units..some get lucky..most don't............it's like a crap shoot...i wouldn't want to "gamble" my hard earned money
well you were rite..... I got the welder off ebay and it was D.O.A........ sent it back for a full refund and probley gettin a miller tig

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.