Have an old school 350 in a 4.3 v6 truck. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2011, 08:45 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Have an old school 350 in a 4.3 v6 truck.

I have a 4.3 V6 truck and put a old school 350 V8 in it. Have a few ???s Got it all down in the engine and hook up to the bell housing. Got the alternator wires. And the ground for the battery hooked up. Need to know what wires do I need to hook up to make it run. Right now there is no power what so ever. I have a HEI distributor. What wire hooks to that. And a lot of plugs and hook ups that I have no idea where they go. What do I need to make it run. If any body could reply to this would be great. If any body has any pictures so I can see what it looks like when it is all wired and hooked up. I know there is some body out there that has done this type of motor swap. All the input is helpful. Thanks for reading.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 03:37 PM

Last photo:

Well I did a Swap on my 1989 Chevy Pick up that is Kind of Like what you are doing . Mine started out with a 5.7 350 TBI EFI Set up and I went to a Mild Built 305 Gen 1 carburetor Engine . As for My HEI Feed Wire . I used the Red Ign on / Hot Wire that went to the Factory Ign Coil . My Truck runs much better now and gets better Mileage too .

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spa...picID=37921405
Old 01-08-2011, 03:56 PM

Anything else do I need to hook up for power. Like I said no power. Battier have juice but you turn the key on and its dead.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Last photo:

All you need to Power that HEI is that Red wire of the Factory Coil Wiring . With the Key on Check for Power at that Wire . As for the Starter all the same Wires on the 4.3 Starter are Hooked up the same on the 350 Starter . Make sure all your Battery Cable Ends are Clean and making a Good connection .
Old 01-08-2011, 04:37 PM

Tango,Do you have a picture where it is and on how to hook it up.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.