Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Having problem with epoxy primer......
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 09:11 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Either that epoxy just wasn't cured yet (epoxy is a slow curing product) or you mixed wrong/bad can of activator, or the epoxy went dormant cause wasn't kept above 60 long enough. Isn't the cure time on omni longer then 5 days, I don't know how much placing in the sun would shorten cure time. Or its not adhering to the navel jellyed surface. I'll let others see what they think, but several things could be the problems. Most Epoxys are not normally easy sanding, and has a slow cure time, so that could be why it is was balling up your paper. It will look like its not adhering well/scratching until it has time to cure. Wetsanding probably would have worked better though. But for the ones that say you must sand epoxy for filler to adhere, then why when he scraped the filler did the epoxy go with it, wouldn't the filler just pop off from the epoxy? But my opinion is the epoxy itself wasn't fully cured or it couldn't adhere to what was under it.

Last edited by kenseth17; 11-20-2006 at 09:21 PM. Reason: fixed product name.