Having trouble with my Consew226. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 04:43 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Having trouble with my Consew226.

Hi,
I was surfing the web trying to find help on my Consew226. I found a post here but it was dated back last year..so anyway, I am taking a chance to see if any of y'all have one. I'm having problems with mine. Of course I bought it used and no, it didn't come with a manual...I've had it checked out, and it runs great for the repairman, certainly nothing new there... What is is doing is messing up on the bottom tension..making tight little loops on the upper thread..and it will break the upper thread...The machine is old...but heavy duty and will sew anything for the repairman...does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you in advance,
Vivian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

This need to be in the interior section, a mod will come along and move it for you i am sure.

Cole
Old 05-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian2981
Hi,
I was surfing the web trying to find help on my Consew226. I found a post here but it was dated back last year..so anyway, I am taking a chance to see if any of y'all have one. I'm having problems with mine. Of course I bought it used and no, it didn't come with a manual...I've had it checked out, and it runs great for the repairman, certainly nothing new there... What is is doing is messing up on the bottom tension..making tight little loops on the upper thread..and it will break the upper thread...The machine is old...but heavy duty and will sew anything for the repairman...does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you in advance,
Vivian
I have the same machine. If the machine sews great for the repairman then you are doing something wrong. The machine doesn't know who's running it. Is the thread straight across the bottom of the stitch? If so, either the bottom tension is too tight, or the top tension is too loose. Do you know how to loosen the bottom tension? There are two small screws that hold the spring steel tension to the side of the bobbin case. Loosening the front screw loosens the bottom tension. Is the machine threaded correctly? Here's a picture of how the machine should be threaded. It's especially important to have the thread seated firmly into the two tension disks on the top tension. If the thread isn't firmly seated you will have too little top tension which will cause stitches like you describe. Does the thread go through the thread guide just above the top of the needle? Are you installing the bobbin correctly? The thread should pull off the bobbin from right to left. Is your needle the right one for the machine (135X17) and installed correctly? The groove on the side of the needle should face left. Here is a link to the instruction manual for your machine:
CLICK HERE Also take a look at this manual for the Singer 111W machines, it has a great description of stitch problems: (your machine is a clone of the 111W, and has the same bobbin case, top tension, and attachments)CLICK HERE Unfortunately, neither of the two manuals is much help with other problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0515.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	55347  

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Last edited by DanTwoLakes; 05-15-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.