head - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2003, 06:04 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

head

head numberes 3886336x good or bad for a street truck?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2003, 06:53 PM

Last photo:

dont mean to be mean bro, but you keep posting the same type of questions over and over again. seems like by now you should know the most about all of us. people get sick of answering the same question and feel you dont value any of thier opinions if you keep asking questions about every head, cam, intake for a 350 sbc. like i said not being mean just look at the past couple pages.
Old 10-17-2003, 06:57 PM

what is so wrong with asking different quastions about heads, cam and intake thats what you guys are for, to help people with there rides
Old 10-17-2003, 07:03 PM

Last photo:

there is so many books and different info on heads for chevys. all you need to do is go to yahoo and type in "how to decode chevy cylinder heads" you also posted the cam sound question twice. look at the past 5 or 6 pages. you are on all of them at least once for the same type of question. i agree that we are here to help but you cant expect us to do all of you engine research for you. chevy motors are considered the most popular motors ever made. there is an abundance of info on them.

you already asked about the 336x heads in your post "help" how much more info do you need and how many heads do you have?

Last edited by BanditT/A; 10-17-2003 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:13 PM

i also have a set of 336x's that are in the machine shop that are going on a mild 350. I have not found any info such as flow numbers so far. not as good as camel humps but probably still flow decent being 71 heads. i've been told there as good as any factory 76 cc head.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:19 PM

i have lots of heads. and so what if i ask a quastion two times i nevre got a respons so i asked againe may be some eles will see it and give me info on it. i dont see y you make a big deal over it. if i cant find stuff on the internet i ask you guys thats y you are on this site right.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:32 PM

Last photo:

yo i am not making a big deal of this. i am just saying you keep asking everyone how will such and such increase performance and whether or not a certain combo is good for a truck. you have recieved great responses and tips. how much more do you need?no one knows for sure unless you run everything through desk dyno. if someone doesnt answer than maybe they dont know either. so if you post it again people get angry and wont answer. im just making a point. if there is no info on something what will make the next guy so sure he knows what it is. i dont want to blow this out of proportion. i am not knocking your questions or attacking you. i respect all my fellow rodders.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:35 PM

thats fine chill
Old 10-17-2003, 07:38 PM

Last photo:

im chill. just think about it man. thats why you have no answers to some of your posts. period. read the guides for posting.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:34 PM

Last photo:

i am no expert, so no body bite my head off. But the key is 76 cc heads. I had some on my 383 stroker and wished i had the money for some good 64cc's. Just my opinion.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:50 PM

64 cc heads will bump compression up on a stock engine originally equipped with 76 cc heads. However, many mild 350s need to run on 87 octane. 64 cc heads will put a flat top 350 into high grade gas territory. Dish pistons may keep the CR low enough depending on dish volume. If this is the case then i'm sure the 64cc heads would probably be better. i have 10.3 CR on my 383 with performer rpm heads and i love the high compression. But for a mild 350 that will not see the track and must run on 87 octane, 64 cc iron heads are not reallly an option.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Short changed on common sense

Last photo:

400 SBCs have higher compression compared to a 350 if you use flat tops. I use 64cc heads on my flat top 400. It makes it about 11:1. I used my Dremel tool with a high speed steel cutter and smoothed out the chambers. I removed the sharp edges that can become hot spots. Hot spots cause detonation. Anyway, my car doesn't ping and I can only get 91 octane where I'm at. 64cc chambers are more efficient. get the 64s and clean them up.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.