Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Head Leaking Oil!!! Help Me Please :)
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 06:52 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITAR1989
Hey guys my engines been going through oil so I bought a compression gauge and did a compression check. When I was doing the check I found an oil leak at the front of my passanger side head. What would you guys do? Im not sure if I just need to replace the head gasket or resurface the head or block....How would you go about fixing this? The compression check resaults were...
(1)170 (3)175 (5)170 (7)180 (2)170 (4)165 (6)180 (8)175
Thanks for your help
Shayne
It's not the head gasket. Your compression test results are all fine.

You said it doesn't look like the V-cover's leaking, but what I think I see is an oil slick all the way down the front of the head, puddling atop the fuel pump. Back a few months ago, you were talking about removing the v-covers and not having to replace the gaskets- did you do this??

Clean the area real good and reinspect after a drive.

It could also be leaking from the fuel pump area, it also could be the front pan seal, the side rails of the oil pan, the front timing cover seal. But my money's on the v-cover gasket. Have you tried snugging the v-cover bolts? Don't overtighten, this will only make things worse.