Hot Rod Forum banner

head upgrade questions

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  bygddy 
#1 ·
im wondering what would be a good head to get for my chevy 350. i have an edelbrock performer intake, edelbrock 600 cfm 4 barrel, bored .30 over, .268 cam . im trying to get better street performance heads without breaking the bank.

thanks

#4 ·
im wondering what would be a good head to get for my chevy 350. i have an edelbrock performer intake, edelbrock 600 cfm 4 barrel, bored .30 over, .268 cam . im trying to get better street performance heads without breaking the bank. thanks
If you signed a blank check and asked me to go buy you a set of heads, here's what I'd come back with.....
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/afr-0916
Remember, "you get what you pay for".

#5 ·
I have a set of Blueprint Aluminum heads for sale. 195cc runners 3/8 screw in studs, Comp guides 2.02/1.60 valves and an extra set of springs for a roller cam...all has less 2000 miles on the set...also have had the valves cleaned up and the runners...500 bucks takes them home and if u don't like them u can send them back to me for a complete refund (as long as you don't destroy them lol)

#8 ·
Some of the aftermarket heads say they will work with both styles of intakes,but,then say modification may be necessary if using stock EFI intakes.I just did some reading on the blueprint heads & they seem to be a good alternative between the cheaper imports & the more expensive ones.

#14 ·
i understand that the afr's and the brodix are good heads, but im only 17 haha this is my first hot rod and im paying for all of it. i would like to get the best heads without changing my intake manifold. perimeter bolt valve covers... if all possible, if i have to change i understand... im trying to get a good value but at a good price too. can yall look back at my first post and give me an estimate on how much hp and comp. ratio ive got? i also got hypertk. pistons and .010 head gaskets cam duration is .454/.454. dual electric fans.

thanks guys :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.