Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - header wrap on starter
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 08:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

OK here my up date. I do have one of the mini starters from the new trucks. i have one of these and the old style coffee can ones. I have a high tq one and a stand one form a 90 pick up. they have all been on the truck and do the same. I took it for a 15 minuet drive today. when I got home i killed and try ed to restart witht he drag. since i have my rad in the back with elc fans i went on a head and put the charger on the batter at 50 just to make sure it wasn't the batter low. same. I then pussed the dizzy back a couple of deg. same. I have an edelbrock qjet carb, and my step dad has my adjustment tool so I cant try to lean out some. I have duel terminal batter. so i have two grounds both running to the body and the engine. I have a ford solenoid but ant put it in yet. now if i don't tap the peddle a couple of times it will not start for a lot of rotation's. the starter wings right over no issues. now as soon as you tap the peddle it fires right up. i did get me a heat shield for the solenoid from the jy this weekend, which made no difference. but was think of running some of my unused header wrap off the back of the shield, since some one earlier said the wraps on the starter ant worth much. figured i would let it just hand over the back. I'm gona try and get my adjustment tool and lean it out some time this week just cant think of much else big headache.