Hot Rod Forum banner

Headliner

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  41 kustom 
#1 ·
I'm going to have a headliner put in my Buick soon. It's chopped and channeled so it's a low roof. I'm trying to decide what color to go with. I don't know if I should go with black or beige. The interior now is a coffee colored. Like I say it may not always be that color. Dan, chime in here, if anyone knows its you. thanks guys.

#4 ·
I have to say, my opinion would be just the opposite. In a closed car, when you look inside, the black headliner would give the illusion of a higher roof. The lighter color will appear larger and more closed in. The same reason that women wear black dresses... It's harder to define the edges or limits of the object and give it a slimmer appearance. Just my input... For what it's worth.

Thanks
Bobby V

#5 ·
That's a perfectly valid opinion,..... I guess the only way to know for sure is to put a big piece of black up there and then a big piece of the lighter color and see what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.