Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - headliners
Thread: headliners
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:42 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

headliners

hello all...... newbie here, I enjoy all the info here, very helpful.... Thank you...... I have a 68 chevelle that I'm gonna try to put a board type headliner in, with some design added in it, I have read the link to the hamb from skipstitch and it really helped, just wondered if anyone had pics of how they did it in a 60's model car ? Dan ? is it pretty much basically on any car like I read from skipstitch's post ? ( I saw it was an old post but no one had updated with anything newer ) I have been doing upholstery as a hobby for 2 years now, I have learned alot but can see I still have alot to learn. Also Dan, when you did those door panels that were made up of different sections, how did you attach the sections to the board ? just landau top glue ?

Gonna try the 4 bucket seats in the chevelle with a custom console from dash to package tray with the leather hides I got from Santa...... what kind of seats have you guys used to do this ? Dan ? anyone ?..... lol.... sorry to keep hitting on you Dan but you seem to be the resident advisor and always have good answers..... I got to buckets from an 91 ? oldsmobile bravada ( looks like a chevy blazer ) but then I realized they dont tilt forward to allow access to the back seats ???? heres a pic of them that I found on the web, not the best shot but I like the rounded inserts in the bottom and back and wanted to re-do them in red and black leather in the same style, with of course, some flair added....

Go over to the introductions page and you'll see my chevelle and nova and a few picutres of some seats I have done ....... look forward to some answers and pictures of what you guys have done.

Thank you guys in advance........... Eddie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	olds bucket.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	70213