Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Heater hose elimination?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownugly View Post
Hey guys,
Im trying to get my motor buttoned up so I can attempt to start it, my question is with the heater hose routing?

I am not running a heater (for now), and I know if your heater core goes out you can loop the system until you fix it. My problem is that to me it doesnt look the best having a big loop of heater hose right on the front of the engine. Can you plug the water pump and intake ports without any adverse affects?

Ive tried to read articles on it and am getting 50/50 answers and cant really pinpoint the answer, so I figured Id just ask the forums.

Also, I am running a performer rpm on a 350 with no bells or whistles and am trying to find a schematic of all the ports and bolt holes on the intake so I can plug what i dont need or bolt up what I do need...anybody have any suggestions? Thanks guys!
Ayuh,.... Pluggin' the heater line ports, has No effect on the motor's coolin'....

The heater just plays on the slightly higher pressure in the block, 'n slightly lower pressures at the circulating water pump...

Plug both ports, 'n the motor don't care...