Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - *^&%# HEI in a 57 Chevy
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2002, 06:24 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Mike, I know this suggestion could cost you some money....but are there other HEI's out there that may offer you additional clearance....for example I've been looking at my MSD catalog and they seem to have a large variety of configurations. Also, what HEI did Danchuck have in mind when they sold you the motor mount kit. If this doesn't turn out to be an option and I was doing it I would opt for the tranny shim and trim the toeboard as necessary as long as the drivetrain geometry isn't altered significantly. One other thought...when converting an S-10 to a small block, I recall that Advance Adapters recommends a large ball peen hammer to obtain distributor clearance by hammering the firewall in a little. Sounds like a felony if this was done on a 57 though...but it may be an option. Again, If I was doing it, I would probably use the ball peen hammer underneath on the toe boards, less visible there. Let us know how it turns out...Scott