Hot Rod Forum banner

HEI distributor 12 volts source

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  eric32 
#1 ·
Hello guys I have a quick question. My 96 s10 has a old style 350 in it with a old style hei distributor and when I bought the truck instead of them just unplugging things to the old motor they hacked all the wires off except a few and I have ran in the problem over the years of the little wires that are left I have used for my 12 volt source for my distributor but they have become brittle and have broken. Getting ready to take engine out and I am wanting to run a good gauge straight 12 volt source from my battery to a toggle switch in my dash to cut off power when turning off the engine. Only question I have is should I have to use a inline fuse or not and if so what would be a right size. I don't want the risk of something catching fire with out a safety barrier. Thanks guys.

#8 ·
Hello guys thanks for the help. I would run of fuse box but am already running two different items off of it already and cant fit any more add a line fuse wires or I would have done already. Going to run wire from battery to switch and anyways will kind of give me a security feature:D I will install an inline fuse as well so I should be good.Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.