Hello All! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2003, 09:47 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hello All!

I just registered so figured I would drop by as instructed. I have had miserable luck finding info on a new project I had handed to me so I kinda found this place looking. From browsing around and reading some of the posts I think I'll like it here.
My wife just handed me her '93 Mustang LX with the 2.3 liter MPFI 4 cylinder in it. I hope to build a decent customized 5.0 out of it.
I don't know a lot about actual motor mechanics but I excell at engineering and wiring by instinct. I am familiar with the more common engines of the streeter but nothing spectacular. I had a 350 Rocket I played with for a long time before I traded it for a perfectly fine and running Mazda 626 (1985) Hatchback Touring LX. What a day that was...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2003, 10:16 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

if you can understand wiring, your allready ahead of the game.
welcome, pull up a chair.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:28 AM
Home Built Rods No Rules

Last journal entry: Home Made Sheetmetal bender plans
Last photo:

Hi,get some time search around in knowledge base,alot of info,alot of helpful people here,enjoy.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:11 AM
American Madd Man

Last photo:

Hmmm wiring
Black on brass will save yer ars.
OK next topic.

Always good to see new faces
Old 07-24-2003, 10:02 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

welcome!! Come in and set and swap stories with us. So you traded and Old's for a mazda?? Not that we don't know about rice around here we just don't speak of it in mixed company. So just keep it to yourself about the rice you traded for a perfectly good Old's, OK?? We wouldn't want a thing like that getting back to the members, they would probably not understand and , you know. Just keep stuff like that to yourself, it dosn't look good on a Hot Rod site to brag about doing something like that. I have a Nissan and a Mitsubishi in my drive way, I just don't tell any of these guys about it.

Todd

RAT Rods Rule!
Old 07-24-2003, 10:08 AM
Kid With A Wrench...

Last journal entry: The Blower and test fit.
Last photo:

Welcome Loctus! I love this place, and if you stick around, you will too! Like everyone's already said, LOTS of great info, and lots of great people that are willing to help. Sounds like your project is going to be a fun one, especially the first time you lay down the pedal with a V8 instead of the straight 4! Good luck with it!
Old 07-24-2003, 05:11 PM

Oh that was far from bragging...LOL. I actually got the car from my stepdad for $500. He was rather upset when he found out what he sold me. As big and heavy as that car was it could lay down some rubber, and definitely lived up to the Rocket nickname.
I was getting set to find a better body (I kept thinking Camaro) to put the motor in when I realized I had no cash. Fine ... I got a j-o-b. Hardest thing was to keep gas in the car and keeping the suspension from falling apart. It got to the point where I wound up almost fixing the entire dang car instead of what I wanted to do and I still needed a lot of suspension work. So I got a better job... I eventually just bit the bullet and sold the car for about $1200 and got a 4 cylinder Mazda 626 Touring Sedan in cherry condition. In the long run I gotta say it was best thing I did. I met my wife while I had that car and boy it has some very memorable tales to tell. (To bad it's not still alive. Seems it dropped a valve soon after I sold it and got left on the side of a road)
Even I have owned that Mazda and this 2.3 Mustang LX the longest I have always loved small block powerplants. That 350 Rocket and the '80 Camaro Berlinetta with the stock 305 I had stole my heart....*sigh* (The Rocket was a big block bored to small block specs, correct?)

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.