Hot Rod Forum banner

Hello to all from Diamond Dave

511 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  willys36@aol.com 
#1 ·
I am an artist and a wannabe hotrodder. I think automobiles are our culture's version of sculpture. I make paintings for a living and read hotrod magazines as a hobby. If you want to see my paintings go to jdkingart.com and let me know what you think. If I ever make enough money selling art I might eventually get myself a little 1940 Ford Coupe and do the gloss black with red wheels, Moon hubs,whitewalls and a flathead or maybe a 302 or a 289. I'm going to have to sell a lot of art. Glad to be a part of..

Diamond Dave

#2 ·
Welcome Dave. Your '40 Coupe dream sounds awesome. Let's get started! And your theory about cars as art is dead on. Ed Roth is the penultimate example; his cars (Outlaw, Beatnik Bandit, Mysterion, Road Agent, Druid Princess, etc., etc.,etc.,) were mostly no operable (you couldn't even sit in the 'Bandit with the top down!) but WOW!, were they awesome works of art.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.