hello all, new member here - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2003, 05:36 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

hello all, new member here

Hello all, new member here and wanted to introduce myself. 33 years old located outside of New Orleans, LA. Recently picked up a 67 chevelle body and chassis. Anyway, have been reading posts for many months just getting info. GREAT SITE is all I can say. Started a frame off restoration a few months ago on the chevelle. Blasted the frame and shot with primer sealer. Not sure what I wanted to do originally, but decided to fully tub it out. Have a long road ahead but am staying motivated. Should be getting new moser's in this week for rear. Anyone in south Louisiana know of a reputable shop to narrow the tubes (12 bolt)? Any info is appreciated. Will try to post some pics.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2003, 06:03 PM

Last photo:

Welcome to the boards. I remember on the knowledge base there is a lot of stuff for Chevelles.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:47 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

Welcome to Hotrodders.com

don't know any rear end shops in your area, but there are a few guys here from Louisiana..... make yourself to home.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:03 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

Here we go, this guys got a 67 Chevelle, are you going to run a SB or BB engine?

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 12-10-2003, 01:25 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for the warm welcome all. I don't have any concrete plans for it right now. I have a 327 built for it, but I'll take all the input I can get. I also have a t-56 out of a camaro I picked up. Figure it may be more of a headache to put in vs. going with an auto. I have only seen a few situations where the 56 was put in, and it looks like alot of work.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Old Salt

Last photo:

Welcome aboard!
Dutch
Old 12-10-2003, 09:08 PM
Be American, Buy American!

Cool

Hello rajin coonass ops I mean cajin,
Slidell? ain't that thar th home of them thar reeeeal taall pine trees? Yep i've been there. I grew up in Albany, then moved to the New Orleans area (Westwego) in 1961. Then in 1970 after being out of the army 10 years, I re-enlisted and was sent to San Antonio, Texas where I've been since that time.

Sounds like you have a nice project. Post some pic's so we can see it. Yeah like I should talk about pic's. I don't have any up yet of my project but I promis I will try to get some up this week. I have a 1948 Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan that is in gr8 condition for her age. The body is straight but has a bit of surface rust. There are a few holes in the trunk floor and the door sils, I can't wait to be able to take her out on the road but it is a long way from being the daily driver that I plan for her. Just as soon as my rich uncle gets out of the poor house and leaves me his fortune I'll be all set.

Al
Old 12-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

Picture's, we don't need no stinkin pictures, DO WE?

I took the pictures and never took the camera in to get the disc??? You reminded me I still need to do that and update my gallery. Go there and see my 64 Impalla and my 37 Dodge and my 53 Chevy and I forget the last picture??? I will post new one's some day!!

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 12-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

Hey Cajun, I live in Biloxi, and I am a real coonass from Lafayette. Maybe one day we will meet up at either Cruisin The Coast or the Gulfport Drag Strip after you get your ride going. I'm offshore right now so I don't have access to his number, but there is a guy by my house that owns a hotrod shop & if he can't narrow your tubes, he should will know someone that can. One of his specialties is rearends. The name of his shop is Crazy Ed's in D'Iberville Ms.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:14 AM

Last photo:

Pass through Albany a few times a week commuting to Baton Rouge. You Been home lately? Will be taking the family to San Antonio this comming summer to visit in-laws. Have been looking at things to do there on the internet. Any suggestions? I have a few pictures in my gallery. Starting to tub the rear this week so will post more. TM 454, Sweet. How far along are you on the Impalla? My neighbor has a 55 chevy in his garage being used as storage shelves lol. He won't come off of it. I always tell him he can store it in my garage if he needs more space. I'll get a pic of it. Jamnut, my people are from Crowley (rice pudding anyone). I figured I needed to get to the Gulfport track to check around. Have'nt been in about a year. I'll look the number up for Ed's. Went to coastal cruisers in Slidell last week to check around. It was pretty cold and LSU was playing so not to many people were out. Definetely on for Gulfport. Thanks for the info.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.