Hot Rod Forum banner

Hello from Blighty

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Iggy 57 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I love this hobby of ours, although for many years because of work and life generally getting in the way, I was unable to get actively involved with Hot rods.

Now all my family have grown up and moved on, I finally have the time to get back to doing what I want.....
I'm gathering all the parts together to build a T, I'm almost there and will be starting on the chassis over the next few months.

I look forward to our chats, and any advice will be gratefully received.

Iggy

#3 ·
Hiya, Nothing much to show yet, I've got a 1915 fiberglass body that's used, its not in the best condition, but I'm going to sort out the damage and take a mold from that.
There are a few suppliers that I could have bought a 23 body from, but there are only a handful of 15's out there.
The chassis is being cad drawn, and will be ready for laser cutting before too long.
Iv'e just purchased the engine and box, its a Toyota/Lexus V8 with vvt, it might be a little controversial, but 60,000 maintained miles and 280 bhp standard, all that for £150 = $228 usd, it would be nuts not to use it...
I will post a build thread once I get started.
Iggy

#6 ·
I'm in a similar situation, I've had to retire from work because of my back, so you have my full sympathy...
I try to not let it get in my way, but whatever I do I suffer, I just top up on morphine and keep going a little longer....
Its a pity that you had to sell, you had the making of a beautiful Rod.... Don't give up, its more of an achievement if you can do it on a low budget, and it will give you as much pleasure as a big bucks build,
Igg's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.