Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hello folks, couple questions on my engine combo
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 02:58 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
Nice sedan.

You might reconsider using the 416's on this deal, along w/1.94" intakes (even the 1.84's would work). The PP heads are way past their prime and have nothing going for them, and quite a bit going against them (valve and port size, combustion chamber, non hardened exhaust seats).

Being a '67, this would be a natural for a stealthy, painted-valve cover BBC. Made up to look like a 396 but take it out to a 496.

Bench seat and column shifter stays. Dog dish/steelies painted body color.

Thanks for the compliment. I've put some work into it since I purchased to get it looking good. It's ran great since I bought it and has some pretty good pick up as well. I figured the PP heads are past their prime but seeing as I would put $100 or so toward a set of 416 heads and rebuild them with 1.94 valves, I was wondering if the 520's would work for what I want and save me the hassle of finding a good set of 416's.

A far as the big block, I have thought about this but keep talking myself out of it (for the moment lol) as this is supposed to be a nice DD?Cruiser when I'm through and try to get decent MPG. i don't see a 496 pulling 15+mpg honestly, as I'm the type that would push it to it's limits lol. I'm def keeping the bench seat as I figure it will be easier down the road when the kids are a little older and they fight for the front seat lol. Keeping the bench means they can BOTH ride up front haha. The column shifter is already deleted and I'm not to wild about putting it back. If I keep it manual I will probably swap in a TKO-500 to help with the fuel mileage (I've been thinking about the M21Y from autogear but hear that it really isn't good for just cruising around town with a 3.08-3.36 gear). I've been thinking about a 700R4 swap as well. Down the road it will probably get a BBC as I think the small block looks just that, small!!! The engine bay is so HUGE!!!! As far as the dog dish steelies, you read my mind My wife wants me to paint it all black lol. I'm thinking about it, also thinking 2-tone black up top with Capri-Cream on bottom or sunset orange on bottom.