Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hello folks, couple questions on my engine combo
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 04:29 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
Yes, I agree the numbers are within reach w/what cam and carb/intake you already have- provided you use some small tube headers. It'll take tuning it real crisp- carb and ignition advance. But I think you should be able to get .8-.9 HP/CID w/o too much trouble.

If the engine is tight, I don't think I'd even bother w/changing the stock heads that are on it now, for that matter- at least not for now. This will hurt peak power, but the bottom end should still be good. The 416's will help almost everywhere as compared to the PP's or stock heads, but will obviously add to the cost.

Anyway, down the road, you can decide exactly how (or if) to go about modding the 307. Using it as-is (or close to that) for now makes sense on several levels- budget, the 307's in good shape to start with, and you have the parts to help it already.
Well I don't have the stock 307 heads lol, the power packs are already on the car. That's why I was debating if I should still go 416's, as the car is running/driving great right now with the PP heads, thinking cam/intake/carb upgrade and change the springs. The seals on there seem good too as no leaks/burning oil. The valve cover gaskets are the newer composite style so I'm thinking someone has changed this stuff recently.