Hello (How to: Professional Painting) - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Bubbles is the girl next door

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Okay , so you guys live in Disneyland. That's fine. There are a few environments in the world. I just tried to prepare him for that.

Being "down" with all of it is important.

Are they not teaching you about priming and how to prep on the job?

You're co worker can be your best friend and teacher. Is he not speaking to you. Not willing to mentor you.

My TTL was a nightmare. He did show me all tricks to get the job done the fastest best way. He wanted me operating at his level soon as possible.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

You know Spinn, I was wrong, wrong about you and your posts. I think you are providing a valuable experience for the OP and anybody reading this thread. This, for anyone out there that is confused, is exactly what you don't want to be when your out in the working environment.

Ilsonno, I'm sure I don't need to explain what I'm saying but, as you get further into this trade or whatever vocation you decide is right for you, there will be negative people. People that feel they've been wronged and want to dump all of their resentment on whoever will listen. I've experienced this many times first hand and it never seems to fail, they come crawling out of the woodwork and try to take any bright spot, any glimmer of hope, accentuating all that is wrong with the world instead of focusing on what's good. It's a trap you don't want to fall into, if you do, what you think and feel becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and you will end up exactly like Spinn. Full of what appears to be hatred for everybody around him and you know what, everything that's gone wrong in his life, according to Spinn, will be their fault. These people Ilsonno, can't take responsibility for their own actions and the only song they know is "Woe Is Me".

I feel your attitude is spot on and you realize that there are pitfalls in life, if you don't, then let me tell you, you just met one.

Best to you Ilsonno.

Ray
Old 02-26-2013, 09:38 AM

Last photo:

So from my couple posts you inferred that I don't take responsibility for anything? Did you go to school for that?

School isn't for everybody, but work is.

Have I insulted anybody here? You sure want to cross the line.

Not everything is roses.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Its always to good to get different perspectives on things....and then draw your own conclusions.......Thats the way I look at things anyways....

Budget RVs
Old 02-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Well Spinn...Let me respond to your post and you may be surprised...I'm not going to totally disagree with you.

You said "School isn't for everybody, but work is." I agree with you, school isn't for everybody and most of what you learn you learn from life experience. My son went to school to become an Engineer, when he received his diploma I told him that he I was proud of him but he would learn more about engineering from working in the field than he ever learned in school. I also went on to tell him that even though I was proud of him, his Diploma meant that he had met the minimum requirements to be an Engineer. I talked to my son recently about this very subject. He told me he didn't like hearing what I said at the time but what I had told him had always been in the back of his mind and now that he's been an Engineer for a few years he understands what I meant. I also agree that work is for everybody, we all need to work, the ones that enjoy their work may appear to be lucky, I prefer to say that they made the right choices in life and when you do that work can be enjoyable.

You asked if you had insulted anybody here...I'm surprised you had to ask...yes you have. You've insulted receptionists, you've insulted a fellow member that posted here who worked in an office and asked if he had to wear a dress for that. You've even insulted people in management by suggesting that anybody can do it ... how did you put it ... "The key to management is passing the blame....second manipulation...third also part of second, lying with a straight face." So to answer your question, yes you have.

You said not everything is roses...where in any posts here has anyone said it was all roses? With the encouragement several members have been giving the OP, they have also told the OP that it is difficult, as anything worth doing generally is. Not one post has been given that would remotely suggest the contrary. What has tried to be expressed from my point of view is reality...Not Disneyland or Pie In The Sky attitudes.

You suggest that I inferred that you don't take responsibility for anything...Within your "couple posts" you have given reference too, you have blamed management on several posts for what appears to you feeling that you haven't been treated fairly...to quote just one "Then comes the shoulder tap. Back room game change. Team leader salary change. Life with rocket boosters." I'm not that smart and I haven't gone to a school per say to figure this out but, I don't think you need a secondary education to understand what your getting at. Do you have anything positive to say about anybody, even the mentor or TTL (not sure what that stands for, see I'm not that smart) from what you describe was not real nice to you...Is there anyone that in your opinion that has treated you fairly? If there is, I haven't heard about that person and it would be nice too hear about that person.

If you think I crossed the line, I don't think I have. My main concern is the OP...As it is so true that not everything in life is roses and that it is hard. Life is what you make it...it's not always fair and sometimes you get thrown a curve that you don't deserve...but in the long run, it's up to you and no one else...it's about the choices you make. For me I chose to be happy in life, I chose to try and give back, the same way that my mentors gave to me when I was starting out. I appreciate the role models I had, from my father to those technicians that took me aside and spent the time to show me the right way. To be honest and do my best to give both sides of a situation...even when I was in management.

So Spinn, maybe it's just me but I don't think so, I've tried the negative approach...didn't work to well. Tried the positive approach...and all of a sudden your happier, your surrounded by people with positive attitudes. Life can be difficult and things can get real rough...but as fast as they got rough, they can get good again just as fast. You need to remain positive, keep believing in your self and when confronted with similar situations that made your life rough...make better choices.

Ray
Old 02-26-2013, 11:18 AM

Last photo:

TTL technical team leader.

The shoulder tap I got after about 10yr in. They take you in the back and rearrange the work load to what they depend on you for. Then The will give you a salary bonus not on the scale( a percentage of your own team for example). Rocket boosters means you have cash in pocket and exposer to the outside world. You will be staying busy, having some fun, and time will fly.

I sais nothing to anybody directly. V claimed he did the job of the female receptionist as well the tech. So did he wear a dress? It is code here, no slacks.

Bad joke. Not insulting.

If he works part time , that great. None of my business anyways.

No , I cant say anything nice about my old ttl. He was a character.

If his alignment wasnt right , hed pull the vehicle to the curb. Then bump the wheel against it laterally. This deforms the rack mount bushings to realign left or right.

Last edited by spinn; 02-26-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 AM

re "TTL" from my photography days that was "through the lens"
I stated that though I was partially offended,it didnt bother me at all really. I work behind the counter now and like it.My mentor was from the firestone tire days back in the late 70s-86. My friend John,also a racer,was a very hard worker,extremely fast,ruthless,cut throat,mean, and very talented.
When we raced at old mission raceway,pre 78 ,or when ever it closed,I learned a lot there too.He used to wave at the other driver when staging his car,said hello,lol. He made it a point to line up against track champions in first or second round. Always had something to say,
blah blah blah
great guy,almost always right,good salesman,
I took all of his traits I liked and use them now..
Old 02-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
So all I have to do is dream.
Dream
dream
dream

I believe I can Fly
I believe I can touch the sky...
Some one fly up there and get him down.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:20 PM

All of the major paint manufacturing companys put on seminars that would cost nothing and would be very informative. Your shop owner could arrange it for you through his paint and material supplier. With 25 years experience I went through an I-Car school and learned quite a bit about auto repairs. I thought I knew everything and they showed me just how stupid I was. Good luck.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Thanks for your post Bob...I don't think you were stupid...if you didn't take the course if it was offered to you, that would've been stupid.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.