Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hello, I'm a Newbie
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 09:14 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey thats a nice Granny Rambler there Odd Rodder. I only hope If I'm patient enough I can build something fairly similar, then we can make a Granny Clan lol.

As for the Monte ...rusty floor boards weren't my only concern. Money is an ever inspiring thing and for the right price pretty much anyone can be bought. In what I mean by this is that I bought the car 3 years ago for 2k and sold it 3 years later for nearly 6k having invested about 2k. I thought that was great with college coming around now. The car also had body filler on it though, Not from my but from the past owner. I noticed it but never really payed attention to it till I realized it could be exposed and turn my "hotrod" into a cancerous beater.
Also I really stink at body work, everything I think I fix comes right back, and that Monte paint job was really hard to match.

I'm really going to have to learn how to do better body work though. My grandma's car "cancer on wheels" is really going to need it lol. As for that motor idea that would be awesome....only if ford wouldn't have totally cheaped out on motor mounts and there placements, One of the motor mounts is practically located on the passenger's side fender with a rubber grommet and locater pin holding it steady. I'm no car genius but something tells me this car was one of a kind..."cheap". Its not going to be any sort of a picnic with my cruddy fabricating skills either lol.

Moby I really haven't done much to my car so far but heres an fairly old picture of it. From that picture I added front and rear ground effects a fiber glassed on hood scoop and tinted windows. Since then I've added some custom made clear corner turn signals, black wind shield wipers lol ...i have the all American ones on in that picture, and some really ghetto rims that my parents bought me for a high school graduation gift, and I didn't want to make them feel bad so I put them on. Not much actual work involved in these mods and i'm almost ashame to list them lol, but I'm ready to start cracking down on it further with high school just ending.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture 002.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	578