Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello from Texas! (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hello-texas-93244.html)

Chevy39 07-07-2006 05:52 PM

Hello from Texas!

I am building my first street rod! I have a 1939 Chevrolet 4-door sedan. I wanted something with some room. We have ran a dirt track car for the past 8 years and i wanted something to work on that i didn't have to work on every week. You tear up a lot of parts on a dirt track car. I have been to several rod runs in the area and I never heard anyone threaten to tear up someones car next week. I am looking forward to getting started on my car, just have been gathering parts for a while.
The guys have met with street rods seem to be pretty good people and are more than happy to share their knowledge. Dirt trackers tend to just cheat and lie about it. Oh sorry not cheating....competative edge.
I am planning on doing as much work as possible. I think its just better when you do it yourself.

Henry Highrise 07-07-2006 07:30 PM

Welcome to Hotrodders.....glad to have you with us. :welcome:

Bryan59EC 07-08-2006 01:53 PM

Here for only about 30 seconds and have already given me some good info.

I think you 'otta stick around a while.

Thanks
Bryan

Roys 283 07-09-2006 04:04 PM

33 vicky

Hi Texas, I had a 39 chevy 4 door in high school back in the 50's. Had a lot of fun in it. Not many dirt tracks in Ca. where I live. Where are you in Tx.?

Bryan59EC 07-09-2006 04:52 PM

Santa Maria Speedway-----but might be 2+ hrs away

When I lived there it was a blast

Don't think is worth 2 to 3 hrs in california traffic though

Bryan<<<<<<<<<<born in Whittier

kain13 07-09-2006 06:20 PM

were is blossom tx?

Dave 39 07-19-2006 11:25 PM

from Dave 39

I'm building my second streetrod, a 39 Chevy coupe, the first is a 40 Chevy. If you would like to swap lies, info, etc. let me know. Ilive in the San Francisco bay area.

pudsey66 12-23-2007 09:55 PM

1939 chev

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy39
I am building my first street rod! I have a 1939 Chevrolet 4-door sedan. I wanted something with some room. We have ran a dirt track car for the past 8 years and i wanted something to work on that i didn't have to work on every week. You tear up a lot of parts on a dirt track car. I have been to several rod runs in the area and I never heard anyone threaten to tear up someones car next week. I am looking forward to getting started on my car, just have been gathering parts for a while.
The guys have met with street rods seem to be pretty good people and are more than happy to share their knowledge. Dirt trackers tend to just cheat and lie about it. Oh sorry not cheating....competative edge.
I am planning on doing as much work as possible. I think its just better when you do it yourself.

:welcome: I am doing the same car this web site will help you heaps.if you need any info just ask.

Job~Rated 12-24-2007 04:28 AM

Welcome to Hotrodders! :welcome: