Hot Rod Forum banner

Help

1K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  vinniekq2 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a stock 355 that I want to put on my airboat but I don't know what cam and intake or heads to run in this motor to make hp and tq i need

#7 ·
Propeller speed reduction unit, basically a transmission gear reduction with no neutral or reverse. 3:2 is common.
A propeller is designed to convert rpm to air flow with the pitch determining how much air and what horse power required to turn that rpm.This information should come with the prop.A constant speed prop changes pitch to keep the RPMs constant even when throttle position is changed.
If your prop is fixed (not adjustable) you will need a governor and or rev limiter is required.
If the prop is over driven the tips will go super sonic which can cause the prop to come apart,or just be so noisey you cant stand the sound.

#9 ·
The Super Snapper™ blades are a 10" wide blade that offers superior durability with its nickel leading edge and aerospace materials. This propeller has been designed to operate in RPM ranges from 2700 up to a maximum of 3000, with horsepower ranging from 125 up to 400.

#10 ·
variable pitch that is adjusted without the engine running is better than fixed.Im not nuts,I was tested(big bang theory)hcompton is correct a boxer style lycoming or continental from a GPU is best.The chevy needs to be isolated from the prop because of thrust loads. Use a stroker if you use a chevy power unit. 396 small blockor 434 small block will make 300 H.P. at 3,000 rpm easy.If you use a 350,also use a psru with 3:2 ratio and it will work great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.