Help from 1935-40 Ford sedan owners - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2004, 09:54 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Help from 1935-40 Ford sedan owners

I am just starting on a 37 Ford 4 door slantback and could really use some adivce on what kind of frame heights and wheel/tire combinations give these cars a nice looking stance. The cars I have found pictures of on the web seem to have around 185/195's on the front and 215/235's on the rear. Does anyone out their concur? If you have a 35-40 sedan and you like the way it looks, I could sure use a few minutes of your time. I need to know the frame to ground measurement at both end of the car at a point that is easy for you to measure. I wont be able to give you any street rod advice in return but if you ever need to know about bowling equipment I'm your guy. Hope you can help. Terry

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2004, 11:32 AM

Last photo:

terry

I have 195s on front and 245s on back the back were special order they are all fifteen inch rims. If you can send me your e-mail I will forward some snapshots I tried with this message but it has too many bites. Wally [strzelec@chisp.net]

I am confused about your frame to ground problem I did'nt ever think about it. I have a heights front end and 8 inch ford rear; it has a nice stance. Its 12 inches at the radiator sides to ground and between that and about 14 in rear I cannot get too the rear cause its on the trailer and the *** is hanging over the ramps
Old 03-15-2004, 05:05 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

Look in my photo album for a 36 5WC. I run the same size wheels and tires all the way around because I onlly want to mess with one spare. The coupe has 205 70 R15 on 6 inch rims. I prefer the 205 75 R15 but could not get them in the tire I wanted at the time. The next set will have them.A larger diameter tire would look better on the rear for sure. Now I will have to take some measurements since my coupe has been finished almost 5 years and all those dimensions were flushed as soon as I started a new project. Some good measurements to have are from the bottom of the frame to the top of the axle housing in the rear and the bottom of the frame to the ground at the front of the frame, and from the bottom of tte grill shell to the ground. I should have those for you in the next two days.

Trees

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.