Help with 68 camaro emergency brake install disc brake - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2010, 10:49 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Help with 68 camaro emergency brake install disc brake

Hey guys if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it

I just had a complete front and rear disc brakes kit by cpp installed on my 68 camaro but having problems trying to install the emerg brake cable to the body and calipers.
1) Isnt there suppose to be brackets for the brake cables? i was told i have to fabricate brackets for this functon is this true?

2)also would I have to rebleed the whole system once I put in the e brake cable?

thank guys for helping me out ive been working on this conversion for a while now and it the last step thankgod!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2010, 11:25 PM

anyone happen to know?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp2603
Hey guys if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it

I just had a complete front and rear disc brakes kit by cpp installed on my 68 camaro but having problems trying to install the emerg brake cable to the body and calipers.
1) Isnt there suppose to be brackets for the brake cables? i was told i have to fabricate brackets for this functon is this true?

2)also would I have to rebleed the whole system once I put in the e brake cable?

thank guys for helping me out ive been working on this conversion for a while now and it the last step thankgod!
If your "kit" utilizes a small drum style parking brake, the cables should install very similar to stock. Did CPP suggest that you had to fabricate brackets for the parking brake cables?

If your rear calipers use the GM style with the cam operated parking brake, once again the cables should install similar to stock. The initial adjustment of this style calipers is time consuming and very critical as to the function of the rear calipers. I can post the instructions if needed.

You may have to run parking brake cables that have a locknut to attach at the rear calipers. Lokar is a good source.

Unless you have dis-connected the brake lines from the calipers, then, No, you will not have to rebleed the system after installing the parking brake cables.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:43 PM

Thanks Frisco for replying. No cpp didnt the shop i had it at did but i figured if the brackets arent there I can pick up new ones. yes if you can post instructions that would help out a great deal
Old 02-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp2603
Thanks Frisco for replying. No cpp didnt the shop i had it at did but i figured if the brackets arent there I can pick up new ones. yes if you can post instructions that would help out a great deal
If you could post a picture of the rear caliper it would help to assist you as to what may be required to install the parking brake cables.

I have attached the instructions as to how to adjust the GM rear calipers that have the built in cam operated parking brake. If this is the style of rear calipers you have, these instructions will help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf partsTechBrakeT1008.pdf (215.4 KB, 298 views)

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.