Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help! 77 Chevy motor swap questions!
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 04:58 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholman
CZ,

I watched your video. Next time how about a little talk as to what you are looking at and what you plan for this thing.

This truck is NOT STOCK!!! I think this was made to rock climb and do some heavy-duty off road antics. Fun to do but not a daily driver.

I go back to the drive shaft you will need to have made. It will need to be at least 8 feet long so it will need a center carrier bearing. Then when you change back to 4wd the shaft will need to be made shorter and reconnect to the transfer case.

While I am typing this response I think your best bet would be to find the running gear from another truck.

The other problem you are going to have is the steering set-up. I did not see a pitman arm on the steering box and not a single tie-rod or anything to get this truck back on the road in the front end.

Hey it is a GREAT project truck if you are into off roading and rock climbing. But you need to know more than just part replacement. You need to do TONS of welding and fabricating. Be sure before you get so deep into this project you can't get out later on when things get very expensive.

Scholman(retired)
DITTO ! adantessr (also retired)