Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help with another 355 build!
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 03:20 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerZ71 View Post
Your engine stock,should have had approx 10.5:1 compression.Your aluminum LT1 heads have 54cc chambers & flow around 212 cfm as is with 1.94" & 1.5" valves.Some porting & cleanup.Maybe up the valve sizes to 2.02 & 1.6. They would probably easily support your HP goals.If the pistons turn out to be the shorter version,your CR will be slightly lower.The overbore will also give you a slight increase in CR.The stock injectors are rated @ 23 to 24 lb/hr.I can see you making 400 HP relatively easy & still maintaining good drivability.Getting a good PCM tune would also benefit you a lot.
Well, without having a depth gauge, and using a stright edge and feeler gauge, it appears they are re-builder pistons. So, I'm not able to do any work on my current heads and I would feel better purchasing a good set of heads along with a cam to match to get the 400HP I'm looking for. I believe it would money well spent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BIRD'88 View Post
I don;t know It depends on how much power you want to make. I don;t pay other people to port "re work" cylinder heads. I do it my self. Whether its best for you to port your LT1 heads or get and port a set of the LT4 heads or go aftermarket depends on what you are after and what you are willing to do.
F-Bird, see above.