HELP WITH B&M SHIFT KIT/TURBO 350
I will be installing (attempting to) a B&M shift improver kit to my Turbo 350 this weekend. I already have the kit and starting reading the instructions. It looks very doable but not a piece of cake. It can easily be screwed up if one is not careful, methodical, organized, and documented with sketches and photos. The trans is still in the car, (and will remain in the car) bolted to a chevy BB. It's a 72 Nova. Anyway, any advice for me before I have a go at it. this is my first one. here are a couple of questions that for sure I need to know:
1) do I have to use the recommended type F trans fluid when I am done?
2) If I have to drain all my existing Dexron II fluid, (to replace with type F)including the fluid in the converter, should I drill the converter and drain (please say no) or disconnect one of the trans cooling lines, start the car and pump it out. Will that work? or is there some other method to drain fluid in the converter, cooler and lines?
3) should I install a drain plug in the trans pan during the process for future trans fluid draining?
4) should I install a new filter (this is an old TH350 with 100,000 miles on it)
5) any tricks or pointers in removing and replacing the valve body, plates, manual valve, check valve balls, etc?
6) should I install a new adjustable vacuum modulator?
7) what else am I missing about this? is there anything else I should do while performing this upgrade?