Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - HELP WITH B&M SHIFT KIT/TURBO 350
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 04:48 PM
No officer I won’t do it again

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa Shank
LEEROY:

We put a B&M Shift Kit in a 350 TH. Getting check balls to go and stay where you want them is important. One of ours jumped over a channel and transmission didn't shift right, it would upshift as soon as you took off. Didn't find problem until we replaced with Transco Shift Kit. Transco is about $60.00 but a much better kit.... THERESA

Hi Theresa,
I have installed Kits from a few different companies. I am always up for something better. I haven’t found much of a difference between kits. The plates seem to be plates and the gaskets are gaskets. The drill bit that some include is garbage but it does its intended purpose. (Of course me being cheep I have tried to reuse them for other things) I have noticed that the b&m kits have instructions that are hard to read because of poor printing quality. But if you have done a few they become know anyways. What is it that you have found Transco to be better? And is it (Transgo)? I did a search and can only find transgo. Curiosity has me here. Your impute would be appreciated and possibly lead me to be Transco/transgo customer. Is this the place? http://www.transgo.com/ Thank you …troy