Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - HELP WITH B&M SHIFT KIT/TURBO 350
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 07:15 AM
72NOVA454

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha_ba_do_bang
Sounds good, thats why we pull them out of the car to work on them, but it is a pain on the ground, so its pretty much one half dozen and the other.

Did you ever tell you what kind of vehicle?
Any metal in the pan? how does the fluid look?

Brendan
Well lastnight I had about 45 minutes to work on it so I dropped the factory valve body plate and gaskets, seperator plate and (4) check balls. So far so good. I also drilled out the (2) holes in the new B&M trick plate to 3/16" per their instructions. Then I went and read the instructions a couple more times for the next few steps so I understand what's going on. I finally get it. I am now ready to install the (2) new gaskets, B&M trick plate, seperator plate(s), and (1) check ball. I'll keep you updated.

The trans fluid oil plan looked pretty good. No signs of significant damage or deterioration. It was dirty but wiped off with a rag just fine. There was however a some tiny metal pieces in the trans fluid filter. Not that much. I am just going to ignore that for now because I am NOT pulling the trans and rebuilding it now - maybe next winter when it's stored. For now I'm going to drive the heck out of it since summer is coming..... The trans fluid looked good.