Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help with block sanding clearcoat runs SPI clear
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 10:13 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for all the advise. I feel like I learned so much from this paint job that I will perfect the next one... but I know you learn something new everytime. Reading some blogs on line and practicing on some spare panels I think I finally got my Iwata adjusted correctly and been practicing my technique. This is why Im in no rush to apply the final two coats of clear.

I definitely need to get me some of those shavers. anyone have any pics of what they look like?

I think, or hope that I will be ok with just one coat of clear to block without cutting through. I applied it pretty heavy thats why I got runs. On one area I went less heavy thus the dry looking area. This is where I will be really careful not to cut through the clear.

As far as the timing... I painted the car 4 days ago its 85-95 degrees here in California. Iif I wait a week or 2 before sanding with it make a big difference as to how hard the paint will get making it much more difficult to sand?
After sanding and removing orange peel and drips how long of a window do I have before applying my final two clearcoats?