Hot Rod Forum banner

Help with bucket seats for a 33 3 W Coupt

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  1971BB427 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,Looking for help with seats for my 33. I have a bench seat that is nice however the seat back does not move. Would like to have some small storage behind the seat. There is like 40 inches width at the front of the seats . Can you guys give me some info on what seats work in our 33's please.

Thanks, shopman1

#2 ·
Mid 80's Fiero seats fit just fine. If you're bit on the tall side like me, you'll like them for as they put yer arse pretty close to the floor. They're narrow enough to allow for about 4" between them for the e-brake or a small console. Mr. Mike sells ready-to-install leather upholstery in a variety of styles.

Here they are on first fit with original upholstery.

Attachments

#6 ·
Problem with most later seats is they're wide, and have high back buckets. I went with MII mid 70's seats, and had them recovered. Very narrow, and look traditional. Another choice I have used is CJ5 Jeep repro seats. Only about 19" wide, and if you get the older seats they are also low back.
Here's my MII seats. I had the sliding headrests deleted when they recovered them:

These are the CJ Smiitybuilt repros in my other car:

The inside of my Austin gasser is less than 40" wide, and these seats nearly touch at the widest point on the base cushion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.