Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help! Building a tub for a Rat questions...
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:20 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Help! Building a tub for a Rat questions...

I am building a rat roadster using a 1920 Hudson nose, (radiator shroud, hood and cowl,) a 1930 Chevy frame, rear quarters and trunk. A 1969 318/727 from a Winnebago. A 1950's Hudson steering wheel/column with shifter. I'm using a transverse leaf spring with a 4" drop I-beam, split wishbone front suspension, vega style pan-box and a triangular 4 bar with coil-overs on the rear.

I have to make the tub from scratch including fabrication my own doors. I'm at the point where I basically have a rolling chassis and am ready to start thinking about the tub.

I'm wondering the best way to go about this. I would like to use a system that utilizes 6 to 8 rubber mounting points with a 1/4" to 3/8" space between the frame. I plan to weld perches on the frame to accommodate the rubber mounts.

Does anyone know of any videos and or instructions as to the best way to go about this? This is my first car fab project and I want it to be captivating... Please Help!

Thanks, big"D"
1920 Hudson Roadster

Last edited by big"D"; 12-03-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: s