Help With Buying a Chevy 383 Stroker - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 03:09 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Help With Buying a Chevy 383 Stroker

Hey guys,

I am going to remove the 327 in my 68 Camaro and replace it with a 383 Stroker. I think with everything out there that is the best and most HP for the money. I would like to by the complete long block ( I think) my only requirement is that I have hydraulic lifters. What should I be looking for? In both the engine and company. And above all who do you recommend? Can I realistically get something for $3,000.00?

Any and all comments and recommendations are appreciated. What about freight? What guarantees do I look for? I live in Maryland.

Thanks
Jim

Advertisement

Last edited by JimKramer; 05-25-2005 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2005, 04:55 PM
http://teamrfc.gospelcom.net

Last photo:

Here is a reasonable long block from a company called Revolutionary Performance. I am sure that you could substitute the heads for some vortecs if you wanted to. It would probably cost a little less, and would perform better in a street application. You can add a hyd roller cam and lifters to the combo for $400.

Budget Stroker Upgrade SBC 383 2 bolt main block, Eagle cast steel 3.75" crank, OEM 5.7" rods, KB claimer 9.8:1 pistons, cast rings, hydraulic or solid flat tappet cam, double roller timing set, new balancer and flywheel, hardened pushrods, new OEM rockers, Pro Topline or Dart Platinum Pro1cast iron 180cc runner heads with 2.02/1.60 stainless valves, HP springs, locks and seals $2799

www.revolutionaryperformance.com

Adam
Old 05-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Time is short, are you ready?

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone
Here is a reasonable long block from a company called Revolutionary Performance. I am sure that you could substitute the heads for some vortecs if you wanted to. It would probably cost a little less, and would perform better in a street application. You can add a hyd roller cam and lifters to the combo for $400.

Budget Stroker Upgrade SBC 383 2 bolt main block, Eagle cast steel 3.75" crank, OEM 5.7" rods, KB claimer 9.8:1 pistons, cast rings, hydraulic or solid flat tappet cam, double roller timing set, new balancer and flywheel, hardened pushrods, new OEM rockers, Pro Topline or Dart Platinum Pro1cast iron 180cc runner heads with 2.02/1.60 stainless valves, HP springs, locks and seals $2799

www.revolutionaryperformance.com

Adam
I second Revolutionary Performance. He built my engine and you will not find a more honest and technically competent engine builder. His customer service is second to none and he is very competitive. Give Daryl a call!

Click on the image to see my build:

Ed www.edgesz28.com
Old 05-25-2005, 11:55 PM

cyclonengines

This company also sells 383's at very competitive prices check them out as well. http://www.350chevys.com
Old 05-26-2005, 07:23 AM
Move It On Over!

Last photo:

This guy is good too an he's in Virginia:
http://www.maxhorsepower.com/
Old 05-26-2005, 08:25 AM

Last photo:

Thanks guys these are great resources. I really appreciate it.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:02 PM

if you change your mind about the long block you can get some fantastic price's on ebay motors(i like racers outlet)if you buy all your parts individually.i'll admit that revolutionary has good prices.i am infact surprised but i still think you can do better or as well and have more choice's.kevin at racers outlet is top notch.there's also dirttrack thunder,cnc motorsports,midwest motorsports.professional products has knock off rpm air gap manifolds for about half the price as edelbrock.check it out.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:10 PM

i bought my 383 kit from whites performance in kingsport tennisee, got everthing but the block. i got the pistons rings, rods, king race barrings,crank,balancer,flexplate, they are a engine shop so they ground and rebalanced the crank so i didnt have to notch my block for clearance. it costed 795 dollars. the crank is a scat9000 crank also. i bought a set of complete aluminum procomp head 2.02/1.60 valves 210cc runners for 650 dollars for both. ive had alot of sbc and this is the most power ive ever had. check them out i dont know the website off hand but they do have one. they also sell complete engine at really good prices
Old 05-07-2011, 01:09 AM

Last photo:

bparker...I know you're new but this post is almost 6 yrs old, always look at the date.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:03 AM
http://www.backfalt.fi/indexse

Last journal entry: Torque Converter
Last photo:

[QUOTE=JimKramer]Hey guys,

I am going to remove the 327 in my 68 Camaro and replace it with a 383 Stroker. I think with everything out there that is the best and most HP for the money. I would like to by the complete long block ( I think) my only requirement is that I have hydraulic lifters. What should I be looking for? In both the engine and company. And above all who do you recommend? Can I realistically get something for $3,000.00?

Any and all comments and recommendations are appreciated. What about freight? What guarantees do I look for? I live in Maryland.

Thanks
Jim[/QUOTE

This is a realy nice short block 427cui and they got affordable engines to.these are almost bullet proof engines. http://www.shafiroff.com/default.asp

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.