Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ? help with Chevy 350 build ?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 01:05 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

? help with Chevy 350 build ?

First off I am new to the site and I have been doing some searchs and there is a lot of good information on here. What I have going on is I have a Chevy 350 in my 68 firebird. This winter I want to pull it ouy and do some upgrades to it. Current set up is bored to 355 edelbrock 600 carb edelbrock performer rpm intake edelbrock performer heads not sure on the pistons I know there noy forged and I believe around 8.5 compression with all stock lower end. Cam is a crane 4 wheel drive cam not sure on specs . I bought this engine from my buddy out of his lifted truck just to get me by for a while it runs good but it was built to be a daily driver I'm wanting something more radical. Without spending crazy money how can I get some good HP numbers out of this thing. I have been thinkin along the lines of a new carb, bigger cam. And going high comp as I can and still run on 91. Also been thinking bout strokin it to 383 ill be runnin a turbo 350 and either 3.73 gears or 4.10 gears. What I would really like would be a low 13 car maybe 12 just not sure if that would be possible without spendin a ton of money thanks alot