Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help with choosing heads for sbc
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
Edelbrock, dart, world products or brodix all make a good cheap aluminum head these days. 1500 you can have ypur pick. Profiler also look good but havent seen a set yet. If they are as good as the pix on the net they should run as good as any of them.

Cam should support your power goals and combo. They do like compression but power is not hard to come by with the thumpr cams. They are peaky and other cams can provide a wider power band but not a bad choice. If its in and working then use it. 1.6 rockers may help a little with your power goals if your springs will support it. With the bmt and good heads 500hp is normal with proper setup. 400 from the mid range mt should be very possible.

Procomps would probably the cheapest alum heads that would do the job. They are about 600 a set bolt on ready.

Vortecs could also do the job for even less. Under 500 a set for rebuild heads.

Shoot for atleast 9:1 compression.
See thats where I get lost. I dont know enough about chamber and intake runner size. Do I go with a 64, 70,? Bigger? Haha I get way to lost. Also what does the chamber size do to the compresion?