Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help choosing Transmision and Converter
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 04:08 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick 427 View Post
A transbrake isn't going to happen with that set-up.The track people really get upset when there is gear lube all over the starting line,or chase a slick halfway down the track that left before your car did.If your going to make this a race car, you need to upgrade the rear end first.Even if you run the current rear end with a non transbrake manual shift trans,stall converter,and slicks,at the very least, those axles need to be changed.Then down the road if you decide you want to run faster,then for sure the rear end would need upgraded.So you can upgrade it now,and be done with it for current safety[and i'm all about that] and future motor changes,or you can do it later.I'll take a 'stronger rear end than I need' over one that I hope holds up anyday.
Yes I understand you view and I respect it. I will try and get some shafts soon. BTW I double checked and the rear end is 4.11s so Im still on the line of of what tranny to run