Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help with compressor setup!
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WICruiser View Post
I have the same compressor. So far so good for what I use it for.

I have a tee connection coming out of the tank so I can run one line at system pressure and one line regulated down to a lower pressure.

What are you planning to power with it?
A very good question is...what are you planning to use the compressor for? This unit would be excellent for a one or two man shop using the compressor to power up some air tools, blowing parts clean, perhaps running a sander, that type of use. It has a 60 gallon holding tank which is a bonus and the fact that it runs on 230 volts is also a good indication that it has a true 3 HP motor as rated. If it was running 110 volts and the manufacturer claimed 3 HP on the motor I would strongly question it.

The CFM "rated" output is respectable both at 90 and 40 PSI, any use of a paint gun for extended periods would tax the ability of this compressor to keep up, causing heat and moisture to develop. If you where planning on painting or priming parts, a desiccant dryer would be a good investment...even for air tools a desiccant dryer would help...it would remove the moisture coming from the condensation created from compressor head heat.

It looks like a decent compressor, as long as it's not used past it's limits.

Ray