Help deciding on headers for my 350 - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 03:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

do i go with painted steel Summit Racing SUM-G9001 - Summit Racing® Headers - Overview - SummitRacing.com for $109 or the ceramic coated Summit Racing SUM-G9001-9 - Summit Racing® Headers - Overview - SummitRacing.com for $229?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 10:23 PM

Summit Racing Headers

I would go with the Summit Racing SUM-G9001-9 - Summit Racing® Headers - Overview - SummitRacing.com for the price. You think it would be wise to get some of the ceramic polish under suggested parts and give them a nice coat before installation? I never had a set of ceramic coated headers yet. I have a set of Patriot's Ceramic coated on my 1967 Camaro 454 but haven't started it since being rebuilt. It's being painted and you know how long that takes!!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:13 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdminter59 View Post
You think it would be wise to get some of the ceramic polish under suggested parts and give them a nice coat before installation?
thanks but this line has me confused as to what you are saying?
Old 08-30-2012, 12:01 PM

Last photo:

A complete A.I.R setup can be worth some money these days, so if you are absolutely positive you'll never want to restore the car...ca$h in!

I wonder if shoenfeld makes headers that will fit your application. A lot of dirt track cars use the 70s era Chevelle suspension. They are an extremely high quality company to do business with and their prices are incredible for the quality of the product that you receive. While they don't have the cache' of HOOKER; I'd say that their quality and customer service is as good if not better, however their catalog is somewhat limited for street cars so don't be too disappointed if they cant help. X2 on Swain Coatings. If you're an East coast guy; Mad Scientist Coatings (part of Dyno Port) in Upstate NY is good to do business with. When we were racing snowmobiles, they did a lot of exhaust work for us.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:53 PM

There may be another option. Hedman used to sell AIR adaptors for headers. It was a small manifold that your AIR check valves screwed into, and then four "legs" of tubing splayed out, with their ends pitched correctly for SBC exhaust spacing. You drill a hole in each primary tube, insert the AIR manifold, weld it in place, and -- just like that a set of headers all set up for AIR systems.

Dunno if they're still out there.

PatM
Old 08-30-2012, 08:31 PM

Help deciding on headers for my 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 El Camino View Post
thanks but this line has me confused as to what you are saying?
When you pull up the page that gives you all the info it has a Header bar that starts off with Overview,Application,Required Parts, Suggested Parts, Related Kit /Combos, and Repair Parts. Clicking on suggested parts the first item is Car Chemistry Cerma-Glow Metallic Ceramic Header Polish.
Just wondering if it's a good idea to polish them before putting in use.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.