Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help With Heads!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

441s are not bad but pretty close in port shape and head cc to your 882s.

441s are not the bad arse double hump heads just ones that are performance but not high compression. Probably designed for poor fuels and light weight cars.

I would go after market with procomps or trick flows or another cheaper head.

Fyi most heads sold on the net have something wrong with them or are redone. Not sure if these are from the net or a friend but the price is good and the work sounds like the right stuff for some performance. If your looking for a 300 to 350hp engine i think these will do the trick as long as your pistons will support them. They wont since its stock bottom end probalby has dish pistons. 64cc heads is what you need with a big cam. That is where you will pick up the power from. Good heads for turbo.

I would think about some 64cc chambers with a larger cam. I just got a set of procomps from this guy on ebay i called didnt want to deal with ebay crap. Pix in my album under my profile. They look great i am very happy with the wpork that was done. I am hoping to smack out over 500 hp with these bad boys. Going to try them uncut just so i know for futre referece of they work without major repair they surely look like they will.

But here is a rebuilt set of heads from tje same guy. He seems cool and easy to work with. Price is right that is for sure. But still 200 above the price you had. I would buy the 200 dollar heads just to stick on a few good blocks i have around.

Performance 327 350 400 Chevy Cylinder Heads 416 SBC Bronze Guides 500 Springs | eBay

These are 64cc heads with 2.02 vales and good ports. They will also port pretty cheaply.

Just for an fyi i have a great setof fuelie heads I my never used because at that power level i would normally buy aluminum heads. So they may be great but they are still paper weights.

Last edited by hcompton; 01-04-2013 at 11:04 AM.